[OM] RE:*****Proposed Changes to Photo Categories*****

Subject: [OM] RE:*****Proposed Changes to Photo Categories*****
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 17:06:15 -0700
Cc: Olympus-Digest <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The <Film Cameras> <35mm SLR> - new categories does not have Olympus
anymore. And yet you list a category in lenses <To fit Olympus>  The
Olympus category is quite active at present. Please add "OLYMPUS" to the
new 35mm SLR category.

Also I think it would make more sense to group the cameras by make
within the 35mm, medium format, large format etc groups. Since many
items are proprietary to a make of camera it would be easier to search
only in the "NIKON" or "OLYMPUS" category for a lens cap that only fits
that brand of camera. Now I have to do a separate search for lenses and
for cameras. Moreover a search for flashes for example will turn up many
hits on brands i can't use. And the use of too many "-" statements soon
maxes out the search line. Using your proposed sceme I will have to do a
separate search in each of these new categories to hopefully pull out
the items for my make of camera. People are soon going to figure this
out and just list everything under the brand name category. They already
do this to some extent now.

So I would break it down like this:

Film Cameras - new
        35mm SLR - new