Re: [OM] New digital SLR system with interchangeable lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] New digital SLR system with interchangeable lenses
From: rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruediger Betzold)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 02:01:13 +0200 (MET DST)
C.H.Ling wrote:

> We heard about this new few days ago, it is very disappointed if they
> don't make a lens adapter for our Zuikos. Even the final image quality
> is a bit poorer (as they said Zuikos are not design for CCD that need
> a parallel light beam), I still want them to be able to use. I think
> their new CCD is 4/3 inch, which is not too small as compared to film.

> "k.matsumoto" wrote:
> > They stressed, again, that existing OM Zuiko or other film camera
> > lenses are NOT suitable for digicams with a smaller focal plane area
> > (CCD).

Hmm,. what is the difference between a smaller CCD and one that is bigger than
compared to the 24x36mm of the classical film ?

I ask this, because in a German 6 page information from Olympus
for their Marcophoto System they show a Hasselblad mounted to a Olympus
bellow with an adapter and Zuiko Macro lens. The Hasselblad has a digital back
mounted to it.
The description for the picture says: 'The Olympus OM-Universal shooting device
is suitable in combination with Hasselblad cameras and in combination
with different digital devices (Picture: Phase One Scanner'.
I got this small information paper 3 month ago but I know it was
available to the 'Photokina' exhibition in Cologne last autum.

It is obvious that the macro lenses are special computed for
macro shoots, but are they so different that this allows them to be used
with a digital back ?

Rudy
  Berlin/Germany

PS: If anyone is interested in the picture - I might have no time
    before Friday to do a scan job at my work.