Re: [OM] OT: Kodachrome 25 discontinued at year's end

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Kodachrome 25 discontinued at year's end
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 23:51:06 EDT
The point I was trying to make was that Kodak will probably abandon the K-14
processing.  Certainly we all have time to shoot Kodachrome 25 and yes it can
be processed long after it is no longer manufactured.  But how long?  The
advent of the Point and Shoot Cameras has sounded the death knell of slow
films.  The masses don't care that K-25 has the lovely pallette that they
admire in film; that it is lush and rich and oh so "painterly", not to
mention it's archival qualities.

The analogy is the same as what has happened to the support of our fine SLR's
by Olympus.     NOT!

So, again, go out and shoot K-25, but realize that it is inevitable that
processing of it and the other Kodachromes will become more and more
problematic.  Enjoy it while you can.

Dave