Re: [OM] OT: Kodachrome 25 discontinued at year's end

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Kodachrome 25 discontinued at year's end
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:18:38 +0000
At 01:13 4/30/01, Rich Lahrson wrote:
Hi Olympus fans!

     Those of you not on the Kodachrome e-mail list might be interested in
knowing that
Kodachrome 25, currently available will cease at year's end.  Kodachrome 64
and 200
continue.  I've got a roll of Kodachrome 25 in my OM-1n right now.

                                                                    Cheers,

Rich Lahrson

I believe Gary Reese (??) mentioned this last week. Sadly, the very slow and finest grain films are gradually dying. Agfa discontinued its ISO 25 B/W earlier this year. My fear is the current consumer AF SLR's and the incredibly slow AF zoom lenses they are bundled with are killing off the slower films. Nobody with the consumer Wunderbricks can effectively use films that slow. Reminds me; I have a few rolls of K-25 in the freezer. [sigh]

-- John