Re: [OM] Weird attachments....

Subject: Re: [OM] Weird attachments....
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 08:04:20 -0500
Oben,

Unfortunately, it also seems to request that I confirm receipt every time I
get a message from you on the list which is truly annoying. It also means
that I have to unselect the SIGN button each time, as I don't have, or want
to digitally sign my emails.

I don't know if others are having this problem or not, but I don't think
signed messages are right for a mailing list. Perhaps private conversations
where you feel a need for security, but since every post here is ultimately
posted on an unsecure website, it is overkill for a list.

Don't take this as a slam, just my thoughts.

Tom

In case anyone is wondering what on earth the attachment << smime.p7s >> in
my messages is; its a digital signature. I obtained a FREE certificate from
www.thawte.com that vouches for my identity. The certificate they have
issued is used to sign my emails and means that nobody but me could have
possibly sent that email as the signature contains timestamp as well as
checksum info.