[OM] Weird attachments....

Subject: [OM] Weird attachments....
From: "Oben Candemir" <dunya@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:39:10 +1000
In case anyone is wondering what on earth the attachment << smime.p7s >> in my
messages is; its a digital signature. I obtained a FREE certificate from
www.thawte.com that vouches for my identity. The certificate they have issued
is used to sign my emails and means that nobody but me could have possibly sent
that email as the signature contains timestamp as well as checksum info.

If others also have a certificate and have signed their messages then very
secure communications can be had by the two parties as the certificate allows
encryption of the email to that person only. Its a public key encryption system
and the attachment is a very small signature file. If you use Outlook express
you may see a little red ribbon attached to my email vouching that the email
has indeed come from me.

I repeat that its FREE to get a certificate from Thawte (a Verisign company..
they sell certificates for US$100!!). Its pretty cool.

Cheers.
Oben,

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

All of your emails I get from the OM list have an atatchment that doesn't
seem to relate to your messages; just a heads up.

Best Regards,

-Marcus