Re: [OM] Super wides

Subject: Re: [OM] Super wides
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:20:00 -0700
Vaughn,

I agree with you completely, perhaps because I am a fellow wide-guy
(unfortunately, in more ways then one).  Your shots were wonderful; I love
the colors in particular.

I spent a pleasurable day in San Antonio a year or so ago walking along the
Riverwalk.  For those unfamiliar, it is a narrow winding river through the
heart of downtown.  It's really beautiful.  I spent the entire walk using
only the 21/2.  I had a chance to go back with only the 24/2. It was an
interesting difference and took different techniques, but both results were
wonderful.

The irony is that now I can't tell them apart as I mixed them up on the
website.

Warning, these are fairly large, around 100K a piece.

The first one is my favorite, but the web doesn't do it justice. I printed
it on the Epson 1270 at 13x19 and for reasons I've never been able to
duplicate, it came out looking almost like an oil painting.  Looks wonderful
on the wall.  The others are just a few I picked that I liked:

http://www.scales.tzo.com/35mm/sanantonio/images/g13-2n-03.jpg
http://www.scales.tzo.com/35mm/sanantonio/images/g11-1n-01.jpg
http://www.scales.tzo.com/35mm/sanantonio/images/g13-2n-13.jpg
http://www.scales.tzo.com/35mm/sanantonio/images/g13-2n-15.jpg
http://www.scales.tzo.com/35mm/sanantonio/images/g13-4T-20.jpg

These are all when I was just learning to scan, so they're not great, but
I'm happy with them.

Tom

Tom,

These scans looks very nice to me considering their contrast range. Are these done with the Polaroid 4000? The last image,labelled 4T-20, has almost no keystone effect. Was it Photoshopped out or is the bottom half of the frame cropped out?

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California