Re: [OM] OTF Flash, OM-2S vs OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] OTF Flash, OM-2S vs OM-4
From: ZuikoholicRI@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:31:41 EDT
Cc: image66@xxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 04/25/2001 11:23:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
image66@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> What I'm noticing is that when the camera is in
> auto mode, that the flash will fire (at low level)
> even when the ambient reading is giving me 1/30-1/60.
>
> My OM-2S hasn't been firing the flash unless the
> ambient reading is 1/15 or slower.  Is my OM-2S
> mis-controlling the flash? The two bodies are
> definitely handling OTF flash differently.

My OM-2S and OM-4 both behave the same: they fire the flash if the ambient
light calls for a shutter speed of 1/60 or slower. Your OM-4 sounds like it
is working right. The OM-2S should fire the flash if ambient calls for faster
than 1/15 (up to 1/60).

Paul Schings