Re: Subject: [OM] OT: Sebastaio Salgado

Subject: Re: Subject: [OM] OT: Sebastaio Salgado
From: "Steve Gullick" <Steve.Gullick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:29:35 +0100
I have a little more time to write about this now the kids are in bed!

This exhibition is on the top floor of the new Walsall art gallery.

It is called 'Migrations', the reasons for which will become obvious when
the content of the exhibition is viewed.

One contributor has already said that some of the images are very disturbing
and that is correct, but they are images that EVERYONE should see. Some of
these pictures will move you to tears.

Although the exhibition itself is free, there is a collection for support
for these people and I guarantee that you will be unable to leave without
putting your hand into your pocket.

I did not count the number of pictures on display, but it must be a couple
of hundred or so, and each one a work of art in its own right. If I could
take just ONE picture that could compare with any of these. I would die a
happy man.

They have all been taken on 35mm, mainly Lieca.

This is an international exhibition and if it comes within 100 miles of you,
please travel to see it. You will not regret it.

Steve