Re: [OM] Butterfly lens for Olympus OM or Canon EOS

Subject: Re: [OM] Butterfly lens for Olympus OM or Canon EOS
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:05:06 +1000
Thanks for that Roger - I was beginning to think I was the only person who
had seen one. ($175 for a 4Ti - good grief!). The lack of a tripod mount
does bother me, especially with the SP doubler although it is very light -
I've been thinking of custom building one but it's hard to find a place to
position even a thin ring clamp.
On the Tamron topic, a friend showed me some portraits he'd done with his
old Tam. 80-200mm (?) on a Yashica FX-D. Worst bokeh I've ever seen on a
non-mirror - not quite doughnuts but certainly bright, circular splodges.
I'm about to borrow a Tamron 200-400mmAF on a N*kon for a play; I'll see
how that compares!
AndrewF