Re: [OM] Butterfly lens for Olympus OM or Canon EOS

Subject: Re: [OM] Butterfly lens for Olympus OM or Canon EOS
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 01:25:18 EDT
Nobody yet has suggested the Vivitar 200/3, which goes down to 1:4 and has a
close focus correction mechanism. With any critter as skittish as
butterflies, a longer length lens will get you twice as many shots before
they fly away. I've even used a Tamron 350/5.6, which will go down to 1:2.5
by itself--which is just about perfect for butterflies. The biggest problem
is the fixed aperture though because it is a mirror lens.

Also, Vivitar made a 135/2.8 CF lens. It is difficult to find probably
because the sellers don't know what they have. But this lens will do 1:2 on
its own. I don't know how sharp it is or whether or not it has close-focus
correction.

I have also had good results with a Zuiko 100/2 and a Kenko 1.5X converter.
But haven't made any critical tests with this combo though.

Warren