Re: [OM] Ways to go macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Ways to go macro
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 05:21:21 -0700 (PDT)
--- Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> If I've got a Zuiko 50mm lens and I want to do macro
> photography without
> spending half a year's wages on a proper macro lens,
> what is the best
> way to go?  As far as I am aware, I can get
> extension tubes, lenses or a
> reversing ring, but what are the pros and cons of
> each?
>
> Also worth considering are the Minolta 2 element,
close up lenses that screw into the lens like a
filter. I don,t know about availability in the UK but
B&H Photo in NYC still lists them on their website.
They are listed as #0, #1 and #2 @ $30ea. I have the
#2 (with a focal length of about 250mm) and it will,
with a 50mm lens get as close as 1:3 with a working
distance of about 130mm from subject to front of lens.
I have used mine for a varity of subjects and at f8 to
f 11 the difintiion seems to be quite good.