Re: [OM] Shutter lag times

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter lag times
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:09:00 -0700
Larry asks:

<< How did the OM's do? Which models did they include? >>

I'm hopeless when asked to recall where I read something.  I'm lucky
enough that I can even dredge up a faint memory of it.  It might have
been the latter half of the 1980s, as part of an article showing that
manual focus cameras were superior to autofocus camera of that era for
capturing the decisive moment.  The issue still comes up with long lag
times in point and shoots, as well as the Contax G2.

The Minolta graph depicting diaphragm vibration is on page 83 of Ali
Afshari's "From Exakta to Maxxum," a book who's distribution rights are
owned by Bill Rogers of Bill Rogers Camera in Las Vegas. It has 142
pages of original parts diagrams and text, showing/discussing
techological innovations in 35mm and medium format camera over a 35 year
period to 1987.  Contact Bill at: bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx if interested in
purchasing a copy.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV