Re: [OM] Anyone wants an Olympus FLT ??? ;)

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone wants an Olympus FLT ??? ;)
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:56:48 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Chris O'Neill wrote:

> Opps!  Hit the wrong button a moment ago, and sent a message full of
> quotes and no new text.  SORRY!

Yeah, well....such happens ;)

> Anyway...
>
> On 13 Apr 2001, at 19:25, T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > ...I ran into something I hadn't seen before in "real life":
> > An Olympus FLT. The camera body and lens looked nice, however I was too
> > much in a hurry at that point to give it a careful examination (let alone
> > notice anything about the lens).
> >
> > The price was 4950FF, the location is Paris, France...
>
> That works out to around US$670 from what I can tell.

That sounds about right.

>  The FTL is pretty
> darned rare,

Yep - the first time I saw one, as mentioned. Not that I was looking for
one (afaik they're not really interresting as anything but collection
pieces - the bodies and the accessoriess being in short supply and all).

> but I've got two in my auction database.  One went for
> US$140.50 and the other went for US$115.50 so I think that's on the
> "steep" end of the continuum, depending upon what lens(es) come with
> it.

If I recall correctly, it was one lens lens in the "normal" area -
wouldn't be surprised if it was the FLT equivalent of 50/1.8 (whatever
that would be).

Anyways, I did find the price quite high myself. I guess so did the shop
owner - the price tag had a hand-written annotation saying "collector
piece" (in french).

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen