Re: [OM] OM: 2-4 screen trial run

Subject: Re: [OM] OM: 2-4 screen trial run
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 22:45:17 +0200
Mike

I think that the idea with the 2-4 is to provide focussing with
minimum clutter.  I don't believe that you can focus with a *clear*
centre circle (if that's what you meant).  I like my 2-4s, but it's
now as if I never had anything else!

Chris

Thanks to all who responded about the 2-4 focusing screen. I gave it a
trial run yesterday on my daily walk with the dogs. It is a major
improvement over the old 1-13 split image screen that I have been using
(and cursing) but then anything would be an improvement over that
screen. There are a few things that i find lacking however. Like why
don't they give you a clear center circle for even easier focusing.
Maybe even concentric circles with the center being a prism like the 1-1
and an outer clear circle for when you would prefer to focus there.
Anyway, i can't complain too much as now i can actually see something
with the 500/8 mounted.