Re: [OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 16:42:05 -0700
Trevor U. writes:

<< You mentioned in an email that you were testing a >500***, 35-105,
3.5-4.5 zoom.  Have you any results yet? >>

Yup. All my tests through last night are now posted at:
http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm

I need to remind folks not to put much stock into differences of 1/3 or
2/3 grade, unless I said I did a paired comparison between two lenses. I
can't stay consistent enough in subjective grading to make non-paired
differences real world significant.  And virtually all the tests are
"non-paired." Nor can my mix of camera bodies attain the body to body
precision necessary to allow for splitting hairs like that. Having just
looked at infinity focus on three OM bodies through a vertical
autocollimator, it is quite apparent that our beloved OM's have
manufacturing tolerances and/or develop deviation with age.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV