Re: [OM] Resetting an OM-4 (Epilogue)

Subject: Re: [OM] Resetting an OM-4 (Epilogue)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:11:42 -0700
At 7:52 AM -0600 4/6/01, Chris O'Neill wrote:
On 5 Apr 2001, at 22:32, Winsor Crosby wrote:

 Did you try rebooting it with the new batteries as described in the FAQ?

I'm not sure exactly what he tried after inserting the new batteries, but
probably not.  And, I think I'm having 'nuther one of those "seniors
moments" cuz I can't remember where the FAQ is.

URL, please???

Regards,

Chris

http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html

B5) Every other bar on the bargraph on my OM-{2S, 4(T)} doesn't work. Can I fix this myself?

        Yes.  It happens when the microcontroller gets into a confused
state, possibly due to a heavy load on a weak battery. (The battery then recovers when the load is taken away). Reboot your camera as follows: Switch meter to Manual. Switch shutter to B. Toggle meter between Manual and Auto
        a few times, then back to Manual.  Then switch shutter back
        to an automatic speed.  Also check the batteries and clean
        their contacts.  If you replace them, note that SR44 (#357)
        is best, SR44P (MS76) is second best, and LR44 (MS76A) (alkaline)
should be used only if the others aren't available. SR44 is often marketed as a calculator battery; it's a
        low-internal-resistance version of the SR44P.

        Thanks to Michael A. Covington

Not exactly the same, but it might help.

Winsor

--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA