Re: [OM]

Subject: Re: [OM]
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:26:27 +0100
On 5 Apr 2001, at 23:25, Tom Scales wrote:

 Hey, do they take 8-year-old girls?  They don't actually ship them back, do
 they? Tell me it's one-way....

I don't know 'bout Sea Cadets, but that's one of the major flaws of the
Canadian education system.  Everyday, for years, I packed-up the little
ankle-biters and sent them off to school.  And, damnit, everyday, the
school sent them back!  :-(  My guess is that you folks in the States
have the same flaw?

Regards,

Chris

The remedy in the UK is to send them to boarding school ... I started at 9 years, my little bro at 7 while our parents worked in the Middle and Far East. It wasn't much fun to start with :-(.

Actually, both of our sons benefited greatly from the school that they attended, but given a choice (and a non-military way of life) we would not have sent them to someone else for their upbringing.

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker