Re: [OM]

Subject: Re: [OM]
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 13:19:57 -0400
Chris Barker added:
On 5 Apr 2001, at 23:25, Tom Scales wrote:

Hey, do they take 8-year-old girls? They don't actually ship them back, do
 they? Tell me it's one-way....

Having one of those days Tom?  Wait till they are both teenagers!

I don't know 'bout Sea Cadets, but that's one of the major flaws of the
Canadian education system.  Everyday, for years, I packed-up the little
ankle-biters and sent them off to school.  And, damnit, everyday, the
school sent them back!  :-(  My guess is that you folks in the States
have the same flaw?

Regards,

Chris

Unless you move before they get home! I've heard of that happening once or twice.

The remedy in the UK is to send them to boarding school ... I started at 9 years, my little bro at 7 while our parents worked in the Middle and Far East. It wasn't much fun to start with :-(.

Actually, both of our sons benefited greatly from the school that they attended, but given a choice (and a non-military way of life) we would not have sent them to someone else for their upbringing.

Chris Barker

That explains a lot of things. :-) Actually, as a teacher I wish I had classrooms of boys or girls to teach. I could teach each gender the way they learn best, and there would be far less self concept problems.

Gregg