Re: [OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Aperture on Zuiko 35-105/3.5~4.5
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 09:47:38 +0800
Talking about the old version 35-105, I had one before that had some
problem, the aperture does not close fast enough, if you stop down it
by hand it is okay, if you set the shutter speed at 1/30s or above the
aperture does not fully stop down during exposure. It was due to the
closing mechanism is linked with a spring not directly connected with
hard metal. Does your guy found the same problem?

C.H.Ling

"John A. Lind" wrote:

> Ummm . . . mine, a multi-coated S/N 106###, behaves the same as yours.  No
> difference in viewfinder brightness stopping down from f/3.5 -> f/5.6 at
> either 35mm or 105mm.
>
> As I understand the 35-105mm f/3.5~4.5 zoom:
> The aperture only varies wide open at the f/3.5 marking, and it only varies
> from f/3.5 to f/4.5 as you zoom from 35mm to 105mm, due to the
> magnification difference.  All the other apertures, f/5.6 to f/22, are
> accurate at any focal length.  My OM metering confirms this as do accurate
> transparency exposures using manual exposure control.

<snip>