Re: [OM] Lens fungus?

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens fungus?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:29:57 +0800
The Zuiko 35-105 is one of the most difficult to disassembly Zuiko
zoom, don't try to remove the front lens element first, since:

1. Fungus usually found between "lens groups", for fixed lenses they
usually found on the lens on both side of the aperture. If the fungus
seems on the front elements, most likely they are on the rear lens of
the front lens group. A lens group usually is more tightly assembled,
not easy to have fungus inside.

2. I have tried to remove the front lens ring of 35-105, it is
exceptional tight, I have to remove the whole group first and
disassembly the ring with spanner wrench.

To disassembly the front lens group of 35-105, you have to remove the
rubber focusing ring first. Then remove the two screws holding two
Nylon washer which guiding the zoom action. Remove the front lens
group by rotating it out, you should mark the point where the lens
group left the body, otherwise it will cause big trouble if you tried
to find the right position to put it back. If you have no experience
in disassembly any lens, I don't recommend you start with a zoom.

C.H.Ling