[OM] In which a zuikohalic succumbs to temptation.

Subject: [OM] In which a zuikohalic succumbs to temptation.
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 00:25:37 -0600
Hi y'all-
I dropped by Competitive Camera in Dallas today, and almost got in big trouble
with my wife.

I started innocently enough.  There was a box on a counter with random lens
hoods and caps, including a 55mm Olympus cap.  I snagged it, along with a
genuine body cap, Soligor for Olympus back cap, Nikon 52mm and 62mm caps, Canon
55mm cap, Tokina 62mm cap, and a ziplock bag with a Tiffen 55mm Yellow, Tiffen
55m Red, and Hoya HMC 55mm Circular porarizer filters.  I took this handfull
over to the other counter, where the owner looked it over and said "$20".
I replied that there was some Olympus equipment in the case that I would like
to get get some prices on too.  He said "Just get it and bring it over".  "Uh,
it's in the display case, and the case is closed".  "That's ok- it's my store-
just go get what you want".  So I went.  I passed over the QA310 flash on a
bounce grip 1, the 50mm 1.8 on a Vivitar matched 2x multiplier, the 50mm 1.8 by
itself, the 1-3 focus screen, and the (digital camera?) power supply.  I picked
up a 50mm 1.4 with back cap and no front cap, a 28mm 3.5 with back cap, hood,
case, and body cap for a front cap, an OM10 manual adaptor, and a cross
polarizer filter for the ring flash.

When I managed to lug all of this over to the owner, he looked at it and said
"$200". It's a good thing I wasn't holding any of it at the time, or I would
have dropped it.  $200 is about double what I have spent on any single camera
purchase, except for that 4T I accidently got on ebay.  After standing there
for a while to get my heart rate back to normal, I bought it, and spent the
whole way driving home thinking how to break this to Alicia.

She took it pretty well. First, I showed her all the pieces, and what I thought
they might be worth.  Then, when I told her the price, I softened it by telling
her that a lot of it was heading to ebay.  So, I'm not sleeping on the couch
tonight, unless I start snoring too much.  It also helped when I found the
price at B&H for a new cross polarizer filter- $233.

Sorry for taking up the bandwidth, I just wanted to share the "thrill of the
hunt."

Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa