[OM] Photography Books

Subject: [OM] Photography Books
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:07:38 -0700
Someone asked awhile back 'bout good books on how to take great
pictures.  Over the weekend, I was wandering through a local flee
market and spotted "More Joy of Photography" (Kodak, 1981, ISBN 0-
201-04543-5), and at $4.25 I figured I can't lose.

I started reading it last night, and it seems like a decent book.  Lots of
nice photos and descriptive text, and quotes from pro photographers
'bout what inspires them in their work.  But, best of all, right smack dab
on page 32 is a full-page shot of the OM-2 with 50/1.8 showing "the
major operating controls of a typical 35mm SLR camera."  Then, turn a
couple pages to page 37 and there's the 35RD and XA prominent
amongst N*k*n, C*n*n, and some other cameras.

WOO HOO!  Go Olympus!  :-)  Best darned $4.25 I've spent in a long
while!

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  So far, no pictures of the P*nt*x K1000, much to Cori's chagrin!  :-)

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill