Re: [OM] Oil on aperature blades!!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Oil on aperature blades!!!!
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:39:42 -0600
Obviously, the 135mm/2.8 didn't want to make the trip.

Two concerns: if the aperture/aperture arm are very stiff, it _might_
hang-up the camera (if so, the shutter will fire as you remove the
lens).  Cold may exacerbate the problem.  And, if you're using a Program
camera (OM-PC/40, OM-2s/sp), you might get some variation in the
exposures.

Cause?  The lubrication in the helicoid has taken a detour and gotten
onto the aperture's mechanism.

Solution?  Usually, only removeal and thorough cleaning of all parts and
body parts results in a long-term repair.  Not a DIY (Do It Yourself)
Project, especially if it's not a Zuiko lens....