Re: Re: [OM] T-32 Foot crack

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] T-32 Foot crack
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:30:16 -0500 (EST)
  One time I had a foot break on one of my 283's. I simply used
a burner on the range on "high" and heated up a knife tip (use a
knife you can afford to ruin, there's some discoloration (and
worse) from this form of abuse. I also used a small screwdriver
(flat kind).
  Anyway, with the tip heated up, I 'wove' the plastic foot (used
a paper shim to keep it semi-flat) together  to the main of the flash
by making little X's (stitches ?), and then smoothed them out with the
hot knife blade tip. I used that flash GINGERLY for weeks without a
problem before getting it fixed.

                            *= Doris Fang =*