Sv: [OM] Night shots

Subject: Sv: [OM] Night shots
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:17:54 +0100
Hi,

I have taken many night shots with my OM 10 many years ago with proper results.
Measuring at open aperture and calculating the way Ian proposed works fine. You
can add additional metering range by setting the ASA dial to 1600 and the
calculate back. Each doubling of the ASA no. means half the exposure time.

For very dark shots, use the "Bulb" mode and a lockable remote release and try
to shoot a series of exposures: 2sec, 4 sec, 8 sec....several minutes. Shooting
a starry sky w/o moonlight, you can keep the shutter open for even half an hour
without overexposures. Maybe the astrophotographers around in this list have a
clue?

Bernd