Re: [OM] Zuiko 250/2.0: First impressions

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 250/2.0: First impressions
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:39:53 -0700
Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> gloated...  uhhh...  wrote:

> Oh ... my ... *God*.

Garth, I'm *really* worried that your heart can't take this kind of
excitement!  I'll be over tonight to get that ghastly thing out of your
sight so that you can calm down!

> If anything, the lens is in even *better* shape than the seller described
> it, almost indistinguishable from brand new.

That's great!  Glad it's in better-than-described shape!

> Wow, man.
>
> This thing is heavy.  Oly specs says 3.9 kg (about 8.6 lbs.), which is
the
> same as the 350/2.8.

Now I'm *also* concerned about your spine!  I'd better call and cab and get
over there QUICK!!!

> (our neighbour's front door is about 100 ft. [30 metres] from our
> living-room window, and when focusing on the lettering on the mailbox
> beside the door [which can't be more than a foot closer], the detail on
the
> door is slightly out of focus).

Are you SURE you were only focusing on the front door and mailbox, and NOT
the bedroom window????  :-)

> Please understand, I'm not gloating -- more like "dumbfounded."

Sure you are!!!  But, go ahead...  we'll all sit here and drool
vicariously!  :-)

> Well, those are my first impressions, both of the lens and of the curious
> circumstances which allowed me to win it.  When I get a chance in the
next
> few weeks, I'll run some test rolls through and post some results.

I'll be right over to get the lens for the sake of your heart and back...
it's the LEAST I can do!  So, I'll post those test shots once I've saved
you!

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  Again, CONGRATS on a GREAT buy!!!