Re: [OM] 75-150/4 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 75-150/4 lens
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:21:53 -0700
Michael Gardner <mikeg@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Looking for experience or opinions re the OM 75-150/f4 lens.
> Sharpness, contrast qualities?

The 75-150/4 is a nice lens.  I've never compared it with similar zooms
(e.g. the zuiko 85-250/5) because I've never owned any of those, but I'm
very happy with it.  The 75-150/4 hass a good size and weight, takes 49mm
filters (same as the lowly 50/1.8 and others), and output is good (IMHO)
both in terms of sharpness and contrast.  Check Gary Reese's lens test page
(don't have the URL handy) for more technical info on it's optical
qualities.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Chris