Re: [OM] OM40

Subject: Re: [OM] OM40
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:14:41 EST
In my experience, the OM-40 is almost in a class by itself, and this is not
in a good way. I've never seen a 'beater' OM-40 (or PC) that functioned 100%.
They just seem prone to failure from rough use to me. I've also seen 100%
beautiful OM-40s that didn't work correctly either.
IMO, all of the 'consumer grade' OMs (double-digit bodies) don't hold up to
rough use anywhere near as well as the 'pro' single-digits do. As such, those
double-digit 'beaters' are to be avoided.

George S.