RE: [OM] 135/3.5

Subject: RE: [OM] 135/3.5
From: "John J. Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:52:08 -0800
Just wondering whether it's possible to easily fix this. Would I have access
the relevant bits if I removed the rear aluminium metal collar held on by 3
small crosshead screws? Or should I leave well alone?

I bought one off E-bay last year that had this problem and I managed to fix
mine.  I took off that back of the lens and removed looked at the back. The
part that holds the spring down is just a couple of plastic pins melted back
like a rivets. one of these was broken off.  I used a two part epoxy and a
tooth pick to spread just enough to hold the spring down.  You have to be
careful what you get the epoxy on, you just need it one the part that is
supposed to hold the spring down.  also when reassembling the lens be
careful that everything goes back like it was.  I had to put take it apart
and put it together several times before the lens focused to infinity. I
should say that at several times during this I was wishing I had sent the
lens to John Hermanson but couldn't afford to as wife wasn't happy with
purchase of lens to begin with.  John Gettis