Re: [OM] Older Battery Eating OM 4's? Serial Nos.

Subject: Re: [OM] Older Battery Eating OM 4's? Serial Nos.
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:35:16 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, John A. Lind wrote:

> At 04:02 3/9/01, John Hermanson wrote:
> >Unless the 4 has had a 4T circuit installed, they all eat batteries.  get
> >the seller to turn the battery test on.  If it shuts off automatically in 30
> >seconds, it has the  latest (and last) circuit.
> >
> >John  Hermanson

<SNIP>

> If you're expecting battery life like the OM-1[n] which will run nearly
> forever, and has spoiled those who have one (I measure mine in years, not
> months),

Come to think of it....my OM1 is still going strong on a set of batteries
which I know - for sure - were inserted into the camera before 1995. And
no, the OM1 is not a shelf-body....

Uhmm, I guess that - and the fact that I have a 10-pack of batteries in
the fridge - is the reason why I do not worry too much about the mercury
battery supply out there running out *grin*

> then look for something other than an OM-2S or OM-4.  Don't go
> with one of the new Wunderbricks or zoom P&S's with all the whirring motors
> and film winders though.  *They* are battery eaters, and many use expensive
> batteries that go kaput much, much faster than my OM-2S or OM-4 uses them.

AMEN to that. Although my zoom P&S has lasted surprisingly long with the
first set of batteries (since 1997), I strongly suspect that that is
because it's only been through 3 films.....;)

--thomas