Re: [OM] Digital film

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital film
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:57:17 +0100
On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 02:56:18PM +0100, Hans-Joachim Busch wrote:
> Hey Mike,
>
> this is my digital Film:
> FUJI PROVIA 100F, then DIGIPRINT (so called here in Germany) 13x18cm at the
> drugstore, then scanned in with 1200dpi.

Hmm, DIGIPRINT is already a scanned picture. I´ve scanned some DIGIPRINTS and
don`t feel too happy with the quality. The digiprints I have are some years old
(~95). As fas as
I know, they used a resolution of 2048 x 2048 pixels to scan the slides.
They are 30 x 20 cm prints still looking great st the wall. But when you`re
close, the
pixels are clearly visible.
IMHO, scanning with a higher resolution as they used for the print is waste of
time
(speed of image handling) But I´ve never done real testing.

Frieder Faig