[OM] Chargers and max voltage

Subject: [OM] Chargers and max voltage
From: Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:42:20 -0800 (PST)
I'm a happy user of a c210 charger as well. I charge many different items with
it (including my 5cell NiMH bike light battery nightly), but be warned that it
is only rated to charge up to 10 cells (12V) total. Thus it should not be used
with a 12 cell pack as per the original 18v battery pack query.

I don't know of any Maha chargers which go over 12V. You could probably
use a modification of a power tool charger (e.g. deWalt). I hear some of
the bicyclists who use 14V (11-12 cells) car lighting systems do this.

However you charge your cells, charge just before use, not after use (i.e.
store cells in an energy-depleted state).

> Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:35:42 -0800 (PST)
> From: Chip Stratton <chipstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] Chargers
>
> If you can't pull AA batteries out of the battery pack
> easily, get this charger:
>
> http://thomas-distributing.com/maha-mh-c210.htm

=====
Eric Pederson