Re: [OM] New OM Book in Japan - learning japanese

Subject: Re: [OM] New OM Book in Japan - learning japanese
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 01:09:02 +0100
Yo,

on Thu, 01 Mar 2001 09:28:54 -0500, Dirk wrote:

>I think that Radio Nippon, or whatever it's called, on shortwave, probably
>has a weekly Japanese Language course. At least Duetsch Well (I know I
>misspelled it - sorry), the BBC, and several other shortwave radio stations
>have language learning programs.

Maybe you should have suggested your version to the commission who decided
on the (absolutely ridiculous, btw - most (possibly all?) universities
simply refuse to adopt it) spelling-reform that recently officially
introduced a changed German orthography ;-). Would have made _at least_ as
much sense as the rest of this reform (NO :-) ). As of now, though, we still
spell it "Deutsche Welle". :-)

And I, too, would like to thank Matsumoto-san for his translation, without
which most of us would not have had the chance to read all these interesting
facts.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--