Re: [OM] New OM Book in Japan

Subject: Re: [OM] New OM Book in Japan
From: "k.matsumoto" <GHA02260@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 17:50:55 +0900
> Exactly when was this interview conducted? Very recently? When he
> says "ourinvestments", it would lead you to believe that he still
> works at Olympus. I thinkhe has been retired for a while now.
> Anybody know?

The date of the interview is not given but it shouldn't be that far
in the past.  Maybe a couple of months ago.

As mentioned in the beginning of the interview, Mr. Maitani is an
advisor (or auditor?) of Olympus.  I don't know exactly what he is
doing these days, but usually the "advisor" of a Japanese company is
a position for a person who contributed a lot to the company.

The advisor of OUR company is an old man who retired from his former
work, but still comes to the office everyday or whenever he wants,
to drink tea and read some newspapers, have chat with the girls, say
something worthy to the CEO but never to me, and go home at or
before 5:00.  I believe the company is still paying some money for
him so maybe he's "still working for the company".

Doesn' help?

kazuya matsumoto