RE: [OM] It's 7.0!!

Subject: RE: [OM] It's 7.0!!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 07:40:47 -0700
At 11:36 PM 2/28/01 -0800, Scott Gomez wrote:
Are you sure the server is filtering it out? I'm getting it WITH
attachments. And the worst part... I have 3-layer antivirus (two layers on
server and one on my machine) and it has yet to trigger a single alarm.
Hmmm... maybe that means it *is* getting filtered... attachments or not.

Scott:

You'll notice the "attachments" are all zero-length, which means their bodies are being stripped. That's why your anti-viral software isn't getting it's alarms triggered -- there's nothing left in the attachments to trigger it. They're harmless.

Now, if the "sexyfun" virus *isn't* coming from the Olympus List, *that's* a different story...

Garth