Re: [OM] Nice 35-70/3.5-4.5 Zuiko vs 35-70 F4

Subject: Re: [OM] Nice 35-70/3.5-4.5 Zuiko vs 35-70 F4
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:34:47 -0000
> What difference in performance can be expected between the two versions?

I have both and think that they produce similar results except that the
small one is particularly good at close distances. It also takes 49mm
filters which is a big plus for me. OTOH it's a bit fiddly to use with the
rings so close together - the f4 is much more comfortable and it's easier to
operate when you're in a hurry, but whereas I'd happily part with my f4 in
exchange for a 200/5, I'd want to keep my 3.5-4.5 for as long as I have an
OM body to fit it to.

- Keith