Re: [OM] OM-PC Value Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC Value Question
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:58:36 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:

> Okay, I've seen several references to a compilation of eBay prices on
> OM equipment. I think I even saw this once, but have since lost the
> link.

My compilation of e-Bay auction prices is in two formats, MS-Access and tab-delimited flat file, on my web site and is also mirrored on Acer V's site. The URL's are as follows:

MS-Access format:

http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill/mypictures/zuikoholism/access.zip
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/access.zip

Tab-delimited format:

http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill/mypictures\zuikoholism\tabbed.zip
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/tabbed.zip

It'd be a good idea to bookmark your favorite format/location, as I update that file from time to time (and announce the update here). In fact, it's getting 'bout time to update it again, so I'll do that in the next little while.

> Seems the local trader paper has a listing for an OM-PC at a sacrifice
> price of of $150... [Snip!] ...if the camera were in EX or EX+
> condition, would that be in the ball park?

According to my current information, that would be high if it's just he body and a 50/1.8 lens. The highest in my database for the standard setup was US$137.50 and that one was rated "Mint Minus" by the seller. A few more were in the US$100 to US$120 range, but most went for under US$100.

By the way, a quick note about my database and also rating systems... Naturally, I do NOT capture each and every e-Bay auction, so when you're looking at the data consider it only a representative sample. As for rating systems, I DON'T believe in them or use them, as they're too subjective and open to interpretation. Frankly, I've seen too many items described as "mintish, but needs repair" or "near mint, if only I hadn't run over it with the car this morning!" :-)

Hope that's helpful.

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill

<thismessagewasdeliveredviatheolympusmailinglist>
<forquestions,mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<webpage:http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html>