[OM] e-Bay Auction Database

Subject: [OM] e-Bay Auction Database
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:16:08 -0700
On 17 Feb 2001, at 10:12, Gary Reese wrote:

> If there is a pattern to what is excluded, then the information is no
> longer "representative."

One last point....

I'd be more than happy to capture ALL OM/Zuiko e-Bay auctions, but
it's too much work to do manually and I don't have the programming
skills to automate it.

Here's how I currently populate the database:

1.  Daily, I view the auctions that are going to close in the next 24 hours.

2.  I put a "watch" on up to 20 items.  I try and keep a good mix
between the stuff in the "lenses" and "35mm cameras" sections.

3.  Once the auctions have closed, I manually enter the data into the
database.

If it were to be automated, here's what the program would have to do:

1.  Do a search of all current auctions for Oly/Zuiko stuff in the "lenses"
and "35mm cameras" sections.

2.  Grab the data I need for the database and create a new record that
includes everything except the final closing price and number of bids

number of bids, and update the record.

Any programmers out there know how to do this and wanna tackle it???

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)