Re: [OM] DF Hall of Fame

Subject: Re: [OM] DF Hall of Fame
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:56:16 -0700
> > >    Remember, don't get too linear on your search. All it takes is
> > > one great sale to make your day. That's it, I'll go lurk now.

The successes and failures have all blended together over time, so
specifics are hard to remember, but I've got 'bout CDN$3,000
(US$2,000) worth of OM gear and my total investment is 'round the
CDN$800 (US$530) range.  Had it not been for some rather stoopid
buys in the beginning, it'd be less.

One memorable buy was the bounce grip 2 complete with all the
necessary cords and connectors (m.grip, ttl auto, etc.) and an 85/2 lens
for CDN$200 (US$135).  Like the fool that I am, I sold the 85/2 to pay for
it all.  (Sigh!)

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  Doris, since you give some of that stuff as gifts, my birthday is
September 3rd.  Go ahead and make a note, but I'll remind you 'bout a
month in advance!  :-)

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill