Re: [OM] DF Hall of Fame

Subject: Re: [OM] DF Hall of Fame
From: "Kristopher White" <whitekristopher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:19:11

Incredible!  I have a new idol.

  It was an OM-3, not a ti...

   I already had two OM-3's that I bought new. But I spotted this gray
Tamrac below a table right at the back of the sale by the guy's feet.
I said "Do you have any cameras for sale ?" The guy bolts up and puts
the Tamrac down, and there were all these things in it, and I'm trying to
look non-chalant while my heart is pounding so hard I think everyone
can hear it ! I did not spread things out on the table, because it would
have attracted attention from the other g-sailors, and naturally driven
up the price.
   From my OM-3's I knew the shutter sounded right, and I asked the guy
why he was selling it, and he told me he had spent a fortune on this
(I quivered) kit, but now he had a Stylus Zoom and he was SO relieved
from having to carry all this stuff ! The lenses looked brand new, no
signs of use or wear anywhere, no scratches, no fungus, each with its Hoya
UV filter --- and shade. He had the original receipt from a local
camera store. I said let me lift it (drooling at this point), OH, "it's
kinda heavy" (it WAS).
He told me to get a Stylus Zoom instead, and shaking his head,
as if I was about to make a huge mistake, he says, "How about $300 ?"
My knees turned to Jell-o, but my g-sailor reflexes stood me in good stead
and I replied how about $250 ? "It's all yours !", " I hope you'll
use it more than I have". I restrained myself until I was about two
blocks away, then screamed in joy. I grinned for months...:)

                                *= Doris Fang =*