Re: [OM] 35-80mm f2.8 from eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-80mm f2.8 from eBay
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:31:53 +0000

Gary Reese wrote:

> C.H.:
>
> << How can a camera shop have no idea on the original price of camera
> equipment? >>
>
> C.H., you are probably smarter about the Olympus OM System than most
> store employees and owners anywhere in the world.
>
> Maybe they were too cheap to buy an updated McBroom's. Maybe they go by
> KEH and they couldn't find one listed so they went with the nearest
> match.

This is what happened to me on my recent 40mm f2 purchase. The shop
owner could not
find it in the recent KEH catalog so he priced it based on a 50mm f1.8.
I got it for
$40 cash. I talked to a camera shop employee earlier this week and he
went on and on
about what a great product Olympus produced but he had never seen an
om2n or 4T in the
three years he had worked there. He had read about them but never
actually seen or held
one. Only Olympus products in the shop was the Stylus Epic and some of
the pocket digital
cameras. A lot of people just don't know what they're missing.

later,
mike m.