Re: [OM] 35-80mm f2.8 from eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-80mm f2.8 from eBay
From: "dolphans1" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:37:41 -0600
C.H. Ling,

Believe it or not it happens, mostly at chain camera shops and some pawn
shops. Heck we just saw an example of it on ebay. (I realize the lens
element was scratched, but it still was a great deal.) Yet there will always
be none believers, also, didn't the OM-4T sell for $300.00 new at one time.?
So in this instance, I could see how it can happen. There are some "new"
Olympus sales reps that have no knowledge in the value of OM stuff.

Just the other day, my TV,  a Sony,  started having problems. I thought it
was the on/off switch and was about to order a replacement part. Cost of
repair exceeded the cost of a new color TV set.

The TV would turn on with a great picture, but after 5 minutes it would turn
off. I figured it was the switch or processor. The wife kept telling me to
move the TV, well to make a long story short, I arrived home and noticed the
TV set was gone. I asked, hey! where's the TV? Reply: I placed it out with
the trash. Oh well...I'll never figure that one out.

If you are ever here in the United States, walk in and ask what a OM-4T is
worth, you'll be surprised at the response. The only problem is, not many
are around any longer.

Ebay has pretty much killed used camera sales. KEH in Atlanta has started
selling "new" cameras to diversify.

I only supply the information as I see it....for what ever it's worth...

Sam....