Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Level (was 120 teaches 35mm)

Subject: Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Level (was 120 teaches 35mm)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:17:57 +1100
These are a nice idea - I had a Linhof one once that I sold for the price
of my OM2sp but have since rather regretted parting with it. Couldn't
resist the profit on the deal! Don't know if the Velbon one is as good. The
15 degree range is remarkably effective - for many uses it's all you
actually need (i.e. studio portraits with 6x6) and it is very fast to
adjust with just one clamping lever. I even used it instead of a tripod
head rather than on top of one, doing gross adjustment with the legs. The
guy who bought it off me wanted it for backpacking so that he didn't need a
pan/tilt head - he found it more stable than a regular ball head.
Andrew