Re: [OM] 120 teaches 35mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 120 teaches 35mm
From: "John Prosper" <japrosper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 03:03:47 -0600
It depends on what equipment you use. For photos where a horizontal line parallel to the bottom of the frame is desired, I employ Gitzo's levelling base for quick adjustments. If you also employ quick release connectors, you can remove the camera easily to test various compositional orientations and for exposure (read that, spot metering) settings and re-attach it quickly for the exposure. I've gone through enough hassles with two other tripods earlier to make sure I got everything I needed with my last (and final?) three-legged purchase. ;-)

From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Monopod would be fine, but it look strange if you are using a 50mm
with monopod ;-) Tripod is hard to use, I found it take lots of time
to get horizontal, seems much easier to use hand held. I have tried to
set up a tripod shot with my 16mm fisheye (below photo), it took over
two minutes and my eye got very tire, but the shutter speed was too
slow for hand held.

http://www.glink.net.hk/~gallery/t16-02.jpg

C.H.Ling