Re: [OM] [OT] Anybody using Photoshop 5 LE with Win 2000?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Anybody using Photoshop 5 LE with Win 2000?
From: Clint Spesert <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 20:24:00 -0800
I've used Photoshop 5.5 (full version) with Win 2000 for 8 months and it
works perfectly.  I had to work to get drivers for my scanners from HP.  I
have the HP Photo Scanner and it works with the Win NT drivers.

I have had 0ne, only one, crash with Win 2000 in 8 months.  I'd say go for it!

Clint

At 06:34 AM 2/8/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Microsoft's web site says that Adobe has tested Photoshop 5 LE on Win
>2000 and found it compatible (although not "certified").  Adobe's own
>website seems to be somewhat less committal as if to say "Yeah, it's OK
>but we didn't design it for this OS".
>
>Anybody got any real world experience here?  Any Acer Scanwit owners
>using their scanners with MiraPhoto 2.0 on Win 2000 yet?  (For US owners
>of the Scanwit, MiraPhoto 2.0 which claims Win2k compatibility is not
>yet available on Acer's US site but is available on their Netherlands
>site)
>
>I'll be picking up a new Win 2000 machine this weekend and am wondering
>what I'm in for on the compatibility side.  Most of the apps I use seem
>to check out OK on the publisher's stated compatibility side but the
>Photoshop 5 statement from Adobe seemed a bit weak.
>
>Thanks,
>Chuck Norcutt
>Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

Thanks,