Re: [OM] T2 Ring ?

Subject: Re: [OM] T2 Ring ?
From: Nick Taylor <ntaylor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 17:36:55 -0800
Ruediger Betzold wrote:

> Just wondering what is a T2 ring / adapter ?
> seller claims it is for astrophoto and other usage, but in
> 'The Unofficial Olympus Sales Information File'
> side there is no such thing ?

Hello Rudy,

The "T-thread" is a standard interface commonly used to mount a
telescope on a camera body as a telephoto lens.  (Astronomers think
that they are mounting a camera on a telescope.)

The interface consists of a T-ring which mounts on your camera body
and provides female T-threads.  A T-adapter connects to the telescope
and has male T-threads.  They are usually in the range of US$25 to
US$30 each.  I don't know if Olympus ever made a T-ring.  My Oly
and my C*n*n T-rings are both no-name devices.

Have fun,
   -Nick