[OM] OM-1 ASA DIAL PROBLEM

Subject: [OM] OM-1 ASA DIAL PROBLEM
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 17:28:35 -0800
Hello everyone,

     I've recently become an OM addict with the purchase of nice OM-1n/50mm
1.8.
The camera has only one minor glitch:  The meter.  It is rather accurate (as
checked
against a recently calibrated Weston Master III) at ASA settings from 50
through
1600.  At the lowest settings of ASA 25, 32 and 40, the needle zooms way beyond

the plus sign in the viewfinder.

     Also, when I depress the small button to release the ASA wheel, and turn
the
wheel freely, there is a slight resistance below ASA 50.  This resistance is
local to
the ASA 25 to 50 range.

     Any others have such a problem?  Is it user fixable?  What is the cause?
etc.

                                       Thanks,

Rich