Re: [OM] 300mf4ish lens om or ?

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mf4ish lens om or ?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:47:47 EST
tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Based on my experience, $220 is amazing and $300 is pretty close to amazing
>  for an MC version.  Somewhere in the $300-375 range is about right.

To confirm what Tom is saying, I paid $355 U.S. for a 300/4.5 from Canada a
couple months back, and was pleasantly surprised that I got it that cheaply.
I have seen them go for up to a hundred more.  It came with case and both
caps, and I can find no discernible flaws.  I'm no Shutterbug ratings expert,
but to me it's Ex++.

BTW, I've done about three deals with Canadians lately, and in no case did I
experience any trouble at all with Canada Post, U.S. Customs, etc.  Can't
speak for deals going from the U.S. to Canada.  Canadians?

If you can go a little higher, you'll get one, Alan.  They don't seem to be
especially scarce.

Rich