Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knows anything?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knows anything?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:48:29 +0800
My C2000 has a standard PC socket, by looking at the photo from Olympus
Japan Web site, I can almost sure the 3030 also has the same PC socket. You
can use any flash with PC cord, of course BG2 should work and if you don't
have a BG2, just buy a cheap PC socket with cable plug (less than $5) and
you can connect your T32 to your C3030. Lots of people complain the Nikon
950 have no standard PC socket, it force them to buy Nikon flashes (not all
of them are Nikon film camera users) and the expensive cable.

Olympus do it very well by using standard PC socket on their DC. They also
make a perfect design on the E-10 which can use any flash on the hot shoe
and included a standard PC socket. While the Minolta 600si I once own force
me to buy a $30 adapter socket to use my T32 or any standard flash on the
hot shoe. You also need to buy the vertical grip if you want to use standard
PC socket, what a .... design!!!

C.H.Ling